LEI is actively recruiting practice builders to help lead the firm’s expansion. Interested individuals are encouraged to submit proposals to LEI management. Such proposals could include the possibility of setting up new physical offices in Asia or the Middle East, expanding LEI’s transportation activities, building upon LEI’s water expertise, or other new or enhanced practice areas consistent with LEI’s focus on economic and financial analysis for the energy and infrastructure industries.
London Economics International LLC’s mission is to create readable, accurate, and insightful deliverables which contribute to the long term financial stability of the organization while allowing for a working environment which encourages initiative, creativity, flexibility, and persistence.
Composition of Staff
London Economics International LLC staff consists of professionals largely, though not exclusively, from the fields of economics, finance, and electric engineering. Our organization is relatively flat, consisting of three tiers: consultants, senior consultants, and managing consultants. In addition, industry experts in particular areas are hired to represent the firm and participate in projects as senior advisors.
All London Economics employees have a detailed understanding of economic principles, a minimum of two years work experience, strong writing skills, and an understanding of industry dynamics. In addition, they are capable of taking initiative, identifying opportunities, and performing sophisticated and relevant analysis for clients.
Managing Consultant: provide consulting services directly to our energy sector clients to improve their operating and economic performance.
- As project manager, direct and review work by other consultants within the company or outside contractors;
- Perform quantitative analyses using Excel or other models related to asset valuations, market design efforts, tariff development, or other regulatory undertakings;
- Prepare reports summarizing analysis methodology & summarizing results;
- Interact with clients throughout the projects, lead client meetings, and perform final product delivery to clients;
- Monitor developments in the assigned power market(s), and update models and analysis reports with projected changes, including various assumptions
- Design & monitor of competitive procurement processes for electrical supply or transmission capacity;
- Monitor procurement websites, prepare proposals and respond to requests for proposals or expressions of interest;
- Participate in trade groups, conferences and industry associations to enhance future business;
- Assist with various administrative tasks, such recruitment of interns or consultants.
A master’s degree in Business, Finance, or Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent foreign degree, plus 5 years of experience in the electrical power industry.
Experience must include the following, which may be gained concurrently:
– 5 years of experience in power markets analytics;
– 2 years of experience working in the consulting industry;
– 2 years of experience with modeling power markets (energy and capacity) to prepare price forecasts;
– 2 years of experience with the Quebec and Maritimes power industry landscape, and the New York and New England power markets;
– 2 years of experience utilizing the principles of electricity generation, transmission, and distribution;
– 2 years of experience with Microsoft Office applications and creating modeling tools using various software programs.
Job site: 717 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 1A, Boston, MA 02111.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.